Does SEO still work?
With the rise of Instagram & paid advertising, is this still a method that's worth your time to increase website traffic?
Meg Clarke of Clapping Dog Media joins me on the show to go deep into the fundamentals of SEO.
- Why Meg, a web designer by trade, turned to SEO after building great sites but realising her customers weren’t getting any more traffic
- What the heck is SEO?
- And is this only relevant to Google, or do YouTubers and Podcasters need to know about this for their platforms too?
- What kind of ‘metrics’ matter to Google when it’s reviewing your website and determining if you should rank higher
- How to know if you’re doing SEO properly and the right stats to watch to manage your efforts properly
- Am I right for being a sceptic of SEO and a fan of advertising instead?
- How do we actually “do” SEO? Is it something that’s relevant to our content, or the home page of our website?
- How to know if what you’re currently ‘known for’ matches what your intentions are for your business and brand
- (and how catastrophically bad for your website’s presence on Google if you get this wrong)
- How to ethically “spy” on your competition to see what’s already being searched for in your niche
- (& three free tools that will help you do this)
- Getting inside the mind of people who are actually searching on Google and how to reverse-engineer their website experience to make sure that it’s seamless and easy for them to stay on you site
- How to set up very specific & precise landing pages for Google to send traffic to
Here's the example of one of these landing pages on Meg’s blog:
- Should you put a transcript of your YouTube video or podcast episode on your blog when you embed it in a post there?
- (And a tool that will allow you to do this for free)
- Can you get ‘penalised’ by Google for bad SEO management? And what could you do to prevent the SEO slap?
- Other search engines like Facebook, iTunes and YouTube: how to do SEO here
- The Facebook Pixel: how to leverage this asset to increase the power of your optimisation for search on all platforms
i asked over a dozen successful online health business owners, marketing experts & business consultants if they'd share their BEST advice with you on how they'd suggest you build your following and grow your mailing list....
And they were really helpful! Click below & I'll send you a copy of their answers in a PDF called "Ask The Experts: How To Build A List"
The founders of companies like Undergound Wellness, Holistic Wellness, The Earth Diet & The Institute for Nutritional Endocrinology want to share with you how THEY think you should start to build a list - let me know where to send your copy of the "Ask The Experts: Build A List" resource!