#103 Shari Levitin – How To Make Lots Of Sales (From The Heart)
Listen on iTunes
Listen on Stitcher
Nobody enjoys a solid hard-sell, right?
Not customers, not business owners, not anyone - but that doesn't mean you can't make LOTS of sales.
How? Try this:
Remember that the goal isn't actually to MAKE lots of sales... But to make LOTS OF CUSTOMERS really happy that they did business with you, and excited to use your product or service.
Shari Levitin, author of Heart & Sell: 10 Universal Truths Every Salesperson Needs To Know, joins us today to speak about the heart-sell.
This beats the hard-sell every day of the week - which is NOT to say that you don't need sales skills and the ability to present what you've got to offer...
But the key is to match caring with selling. We spoke about a LOT of stuff on this podcast, so here's a summary:
- How an ad for “Foxy Ladies” got Shari into the world of sales, and what led her to bring more heart into an industry that is sometimes not authentic and genuine
- Is it possible that becoming a better “Heart-Based Salesperson” can actually make you a better person in general?
- Why we can’t have two versions of ourselves, and when making empathy and trustworthiness part of who we are (rather than what we do) can help us make more sales AND make our customers happier
- How to make a HIGHLY persuasive presentation of a product or service without manipulating your audience into buying
- Why freedom lives in structure for sales – and how to become a fluent and confident salesperson even if you’re not naturally good at sales
- There are two important aspects of sales: Competence about your product, and empathy for the audience…
- BUT which one is more important? Is there a sequence to this?
- How to make yourself seem SMARTER (just by caring more about your customers)
- Why it’s important to consider how you make your audience feel while you’re doing marketing or sales
- How to take a sales presentation or VSL from a 5/10 to a 10/10
- What “Baby Negatives” are – and how they can help us be more authentic and honest in our audience’s eyes…
- And why you should NEVER try to make your product look “Too Good To Be True”
- The truth about what it takes to build a 7-Figure business: More hours, or more courage?
- How to get over the Fear Of “No” in the world of online direct response marketing
- Objection-Handling: How to do this online – and why it’s important to acknowledge people’s valid causes for concern
- The 5 Subconscious Commitments every customer must make before they’ll do business with you
- Why urgency and scarcity don’t work unless you’ve already convinced someone that it’s right for them to buy your product
- Why there is such a huge difference between why a salesperson thinks a customer didn’t buy and what they customer said was their reason to not buy
- Shari’s homework for you!
Make sure you head on over to Shari's website to discover whether you're balancing HEART and SELL in your business:
Let Me In!
Enjoyed this? There's more - check this out!
i asked over a dozen successful online health business owners, marketing experts & business consultants if they'd share their BEST advice with you on how they'd suggest you build your following and grow your mailing list....
And they were really helpful! Click below & I'll send you a copy of their answers in a PDF called "Ask The Experts: How To Build A List"